We are hiring!
Senior Data Engineer
Do you want to help clients utilizing the best people analytics platform?
Crunchr is looking for a senior data engineer to model, upload and improve data to achieve maximum value for our clients and interact with them for continuous improvement.
What you'll be working on
You’ll be working on Crunchr: a SaaS solution for workforce analytics, reporting and strategic workforce planning. In a nutshell, Crunchr collects and processes employee data, and uses beautiful (story-telling) visualizations to help HR and business leaders answer questions such as “are talented people leaving from crucial areas in my organization?”, “who got promoted, and where to?”, “how many employees will I need to hire in the long-term because of retirement?”, “are my employees satisfied, and if not, what could be hurting engagement?” and many others. Crunchr delivers meaningful people insights and this results in better, data-driven decision making. Crunchr lets companies peak and people thrive.
The Data Engineering Team is part of the Customer Success Department and responsible for the entire ETL process starting off with a client's HR IT system. After receiving the data, the senior data engineer is responsible for setting up the entire ETL funnel for modelling, adjusting and improving the data structure before uploading the data to the Crunchr solution. This team also plays a huge role in the technical implementation of Crunchr with new clients.
Other responsibilities of the team are setting up periodical dashboard in the Crunchr solution and act as a liaison with the internal technical departments. Furthermore, supporting in the design of an external API so that advanced analytics teams of clients can leverage the power of our data engine.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for an engineer with 5 – 10 years of relevant work experience:
- Technical background at an academic level;
- Experience with Python, pandas, or similar;
- Accurate and when needed detailed focused;
- Project managing experience;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proactive mindset.
You know how to write amazing code, how to be a friendly mentor to colleagues, and how to build an ETL pipeline. We are looking for someone that knows by heart what it means to write maintainable, testable, and scalable code that has to live on for years. You are able to translate the questions asked by clients to a more technical description our developers can work with, and vice versa.
What you will do
What we will give you
- Create, maintain and optimize ETL pipelines;
- Roll out new features to our clients (in coordination with DevOps and the Customer Success Manager);
- Coordinate technical processes for onboarding (SSO, sFTP, data scripting, etc.);
- Take responsibility for planning workload and deadlines of the data engineering team;
- Onboard and coach new data engineers;
- Act as an internal resource for technical pre-sales.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with a focus on ownership and flexibility, including stock appreciation rights;
- Freedom and encouragement to bring your innovative ideas and make a real impact;
- A well-connected office in Amsterdam with the flexibility to work remote regularly;
- The opportunity to work together with smart, engaged colleagues;
- Interesting and hard problems to challenge your brain every day!
Who we are
Crunchr is fast-growing HR Tech scale-up. We have about 35 employees. We speak English, as many of our colleagues have international backgrounds. We’d like to think that no challenge is too big for us; we are the kind of people that come up with a totally absurd idea and then make it a reality.
Getting the best out of yourself, and out of others, is vital to what we do. When you grow, the company grows with it. You’ll notice how important this is to us when we ask you to think about your personal development, both in the short- and long-term. Such a high-performer culture is only fun when you take care of each other — in a way, we’re a big crazy family. Feel free to take a run or work out as a way to recharge during the day! Have you ever worked at a company where the CEO asked you to be mindful of how much you work?
Jeroen van Zuijlen
Customer Success Lead at Crunchr
085 049 15 04
Jeroen on LinkedIn
*Recruitment agency calls are not appreciated. We work with selected suppliers.